Plano, TX Dallas, T
Inside Sales Representative – Prospecting (ISR-Prospecting)Location: One of our fun offices in either Plano (Dallas area), TX, or Vancouver, B.C.Do you want to make an impact, expand your sales knowledge, and learn from the best enterprise sales team in the world? We are passionate about details, analysis, and strategic partnerships. If you are too, then we might have a home here for you at Splunk.
- This is a brand new, entry level sales role for a fast track to Field Sales
- Your mission is to generate net new business & expansion of presence in our largest and most strategic accounts
- We’ll use advanced tools, data, and research methods to build account-level demand for Splunk while teaming with Field Sales to execute our Strategic Playbook
The Inside Sales Representative (Demand Acceleration) will be responsible for rapidly growing key accounts for Splunk. We use research, analysis, sales, negotiation and leadership skills in partnership with our field sales teams to build expansion strategies in the biggest companies in the world. On any given day, you will:
- Conduct deep research and analysis of customer accounts using advanced tools and project management strategies
- Present research, analysis and intelligence reports to your outside sales team and executives
- Activate your research with thoughtful, personalized touchpoints to key account personalities and execute advanced demand generation strategies
- Collaborate within your Field Sales team to present a unified Splunk customer experience
You have around 2-3 years of experience in selling or generating demand for enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance) OR 2-3 years as a Business Intelligence Analyst for a software or consulting company with a focus on Enterprise customers OR have an MBA and corporate sales or marketing experience.
- You have a passion for research, data, and analysis and can dazzle us with your methods and insights
- You demonstrate logic-based problem solving
- You are a self-starter who can be trusted to operate independently and deliver results
- You demonstrate keen situational awareness within a teamed environment
- You understand project management principles and use them to accomplish complex tasks
- You can model business data to tell a compelling and actionable story
- You have developed new business and fully understand the sales cycle, from generating leads through closing deals
- You have extraordinary presentation skills and write, think and communicate clearly
- Your first instinct is to Google a solution to a new problem
- You can show us outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
Splunk’s Big Perks
- Two fully stocked kitchens to make breakfast, lunch, etc.
- Fresh fruit
- Sandwich/salad materials
- Refreshment refrigerator has sodas, water, energy drinks and juice.
- Fully stocked beer and adult beverage refrigerator located in both kitchens.
- Lunch is on Splunk once a week (and breakfast)
- A catered lunch & a catered breakfast provided to all employees weekly.
- Get competitive with fellow Splunkers on our ping pong tables.
- Enjoy your holidays! Splunk gives all employees 16 paid holidays
- Included is a 4th of July summer break and end of the year winter break (holiday break).
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time (PTO) is not affected by our paid holidays off.
- All employees grated 2 weeks of paid sick time.
- Love volunteering?
- Splunk grants 3 days of paid time off for an employee to volunteer at an organization of their choice, separate from PTO.
- Education reimbursement program available.
- Discount programs help Splunker save money on event tickets, online shopping, amusement parks, 24 Hour Fitness membership and more!
- Medical, dental and vision packages available to all employees upon hiring.
- 401K program available.
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk. We look forward to hearing from you.