About the Role
We are seeking a talented Security Manager to join our team in Seattle. This innovator will tackle producing a security strategy to build a self defending infrastructure.
What You'll Do
- Drive a talented team to build, maintain, and monitor a system to defend against bad actors
- Set roadmap, pace and metrics
- Help talented engineers develop toward their goals
Who You Are
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are a subject matter expert, who brings organization to everything they do and is excited about bringing the world's best minds together to solve crazy hard problems.
What You'll Need
- Ability to set roadmaps and hit targets in a high pace environment
- Ability to ensure security aligns to business needs without impeding development
- Ability to drive a small team to innovative solutions
- Clear understanding of infrastructure, networking, and computing services/deployment architecture
- Are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Experience working with vulnerability management tools
- Experience building resiliency into system architecture
- Understanding of Zero Trust methodologies and practical implementation
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely, both verbally and written, to senior staff members
- Source Control Expertise across Organizations (Git)
- Container experience (Docker)
- Container orchestration experience (Mesos)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- CI/CD Pipeline experience (Jenkins)
- Experience with nosql databases (Cassandra)
- Logging and Big Data - familiarity with Hadoop, Elastic, Kibana
- Programmatic Integration with Ticketing and Asset Management systems
- Experience with software vulnerabilities, how CVEs are reported, and how they relate to specific system packages and remediations
- Experienced operation and configuration of both Windows and Linux systems
- Programming skills (Python, Go)
- Hands-on security experience, with in-depth knowledge of security, scaling in the cloud, and software engineering practices
- A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
- Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Strong organizational and relationship skills
Bonus Points for
- Familiarity with PCI, SOC2, SOX, and ISO standards
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- CISSP Certification
- Web server/client architecture and implementation (OpenAPI/Swagger, agent deployment)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.