Uber is looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our US & Canada Rides Operations team. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional stakeholders, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you.
Travel is in many ways the heart and soul of Uber. Trips to and from the airport account for around 10% of total US&C trip volume and almost 20% of gross bookings, and the overall percentage of ground transportation at airports fulfilled by Uber is quite small. Airport trips are many riders' first use case, and these trips have higher average fares and a higher mix towards more profitable products. But "travel" can encompass much more than this - it could be the experience of using Uber in a new city or relying on Uber when on the road for business, trips between cities that substitute for a train or a rental car, and ultimately travel experiences that Uber doesn't touch today. In 2016, domestic travelers spent $836.6 billion in the US, representing an attractive opportunity for a company that's such a natural part of that market today.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, experience managing a team, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What You'll Do:
- Set Vision: Work closely with business leaders across the company to develop and refine airport strategy
- Thought Leadership: Work with leadership to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and push the thinking to continue innovating
- Develop analytical frameworks to help evaluate the ROI of experiential improvements under considerations
- Identify operational weaknesses or gaps by regularly deep diving into every aspect of the airport experience
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting teams across the mega-region. You'll be one of the go to people when anyone needs an objective, data driven assessment of a situation or to decision on strategically important questions.
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action.
- Scale: Analyze business operations and ensure we are operating at the highest possible scale while also leveraging our in-market resources
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of key initiatives, helping us lean in to what's working and pivot when necessary
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; high-growth operations or startup experience
- Exceptional visual, written, and verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with remote teams to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Technical analytical skills - e.g., SQL, Python, R experience / proficiency
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.