About the Role
The Uber Transit team is looking for an individual who is responsible for the leadership, growth and management of a new sales organization dedicated to serving Public Transit. Reporting to the Head of Transit, you'll manage Sales to Public Transportation Agencies in the US and Globally. You will begin as an individual contributor, then help build and grow a team focused on partnering with public transit agencies to offer world class products that enhance the transit experience. As a result, deep experience in transit agency sales, and ideally technology, is critical.
As Senior Sales Manager, you and your team will be responsible for client acquisition, growing existing partnerships, overall client satisfaction and success. You will coach the team on relationship development and become an expert in Uber's transit products, selling techniques and selling specifically into transit agencies.
The Senior Sales Manager demands a unique combination of creativity, entrepreneurial zest and team management skills. You will leverage your past experience setting goals, then building and coaching your team to achieve those goals. This leader must provide optimistic leadership, strategic thinking, nimble problem-solving, strong communication and tactful stakeholder engagement skills specifically tailored to meet transit agency needs. You must be willing to lead from the front, acting as an individual contributor so that you can learn customers' needs and help the team to refine it's product roadmap, processes and engagement model accordingly.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a successful sales team responsible for exceeding client acquisition, retention and account growth goals.
- Develop a high performance sales culture on your team; instilling a culture of focus, integrity and results from the ground up in our teams.
- Own the sales process end-to-end working as part of the Uber Transit leadership team, working with cross-functional partners including: policy, marketing, product, engineering, and legal to ensure the best possible transit rider and agency experience.
- Act as an advocate for Transit Agencies learning their needs (both product and process) then work with the Product & Tech team to ensure their building the right products to address those needs.
- Understand sales operations processes to build out KPIs, quotas, territories and processes that result in an effective organisation within your team.
- Create a repeatable and scaled sales program responsible for exceeding key metrics from a financial, activity and quality standpoint.
- Define and develop the tools and processes for tracking leads, sales and active accounts along with sales comp structure for the sales team.
- Work with the leadership team to develop pricing models for new products and refine the pricing strategy for Transit Agency products.
- Clearly communicate metrics and progress on a regular cadence to key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and account management processes to improve operational efficiency and maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations to analyze results, identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs, and ultimately drive positive change.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 8 years working in sales leadership roles working with cross-functional teams spanning marketing, product, and operation.
- Significant experience working with public transit agencies, ideally in selling technology, software or mobility related products into Transit Agencies.
- An extensive network of existing contacts across transit agencies and related organisations, that can be leveraged to help sell transit products.
- Exceptional business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as both internal and external stakeholder management.
- Portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals.
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- Leadership experience hiring and coaching a sales teams selling into large enterprises, preferably across multiple locations.
- Experience with Salesforce; ability to develop analysis based on CRM data in a scalable manner.
- Desire to take initiative; lean in with your team; thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working with and selling to public transit agencies and/or government bodies.
- Experience in selling mobility technology to public transit agencies a plus.
- A builders' spirit; making something where nothing existed before gets you excited.
- An owner's mentality, taking on whatever work is needed for your team to accomplish its goal.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.