About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Manager to lead our Sales Finance team for Uber Eats. Uber Eats is fast growing business and you would be partnering closely with the Sales and Sales Ops leadership for UberEats on key strategic decisions that drive restaurant selection on our platform.
If you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with Sales leaders to develop financial sales forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- P&L planning - you will be the primary point of contact for all global sales finance initiatives (including building the P&L for restaurant segments, designing the forecasting process, goal setting, and modeling support)
- Sales Compensation - Drive thought leadership to evaluate and drive the sales compensation philosophy for Uber Eats
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate - you can do it all
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise - Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Special projects and deal support - new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to chip in beyond traditional FP&A
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- A minimum of 12 years in Banking, Corporate Finance, FP&A but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales Finance
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- Technology, Marketplace, or Food Service experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.