What you’ll be doing...
The SOI Project
Verizon.ai is a System of Intelligence (SOI) is a multi-million dollar enterprise wide initiative that encompasses data streamlining, insights preparation, predictive models development and integration with PEGA to provide unique experience with next best actions for all system of engagement channels.
Verizon.ai is a System of Intelligence (SOI) platform that helps in ingesting Real-time and Batch events data from EDW and other data sources. It processes data, extracts and stores features from events. Helps design, develop of Ai/ML models and automate deployment in CID process. Enables seamless chaining of algorithms and models developed in heterogeneous program languages / frameworks. Provides a runtime environment to run various types of ML models and demonstrates cortex capabilities to operate ML/deep learning models at large. Integrates the AI models with PEGA decision making engine. Brings AI to market quickly by democratizing the insights and models in AI market place. Provides Restful API services for applications to drive next best actions / offers in real time and provide one-to-one personalization for customers on various assisted and unassisted channels. Showcases reports, dashboards for business users and ML data visualizations for data scientists and engineers.
We’re looking for a highly talented, technically strong and well experienced Senior Manager to lead the SOI project to success by evangelizing the SOI platform architecture with his industry experience, provide strong people and project management skills, communicate and collaborate with business clients professionally.
Core Technical Responsibilities:
- With all recent additions and new responsibilities, Architect role has evolved into a Sr. Architect role and now there is a need for Senior Technical Manager to oversee all the business critical projects and continue to make our SOI solution the best in industry.
- Works independently as an architect on multiple complex and business critical projects.
- Makes decision on application architecture, technology direction and roadmap.
- Makes architecture evaluations and decisions for integrating System of Engagements to SOI platform and help complete the roll out to Verizon Customers.
- Work with Business partners and Subject Matter Experts to understand data and develop actionable insights.
- Identify opportunities, understand business objectives and design AI/ML based technical solutions.
- Develop ML models for predicting the propensity of various outcomes such as call reasons, device upgrades etc.
- Implement scalable applications to operationalize ML models.
- Design and implement industry standard techniques to mine and feature engineer structured and unstructured data.
- Define and practice 'AI First' methodology to implement personalized experiences for customers.
- Identify the reusable components for other Verizon Team.
- Design a solution that can be used by other IT-Teams.
- Evaluate and identify the vendor products for the appropriate use within the application.
- Develop guidelines and design principles for developing new data pipelines and AI ML models.
- Lead architect and technology evaluation for SOI integration to PEGA decision engine.
- Provide executive road map for introducing new features.
- Provide a framework that can provide open and flexible platform that can adapt to any new and improved tools.
- Develop a framework that can be reused by other IT Teams for Data ingestion.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight by keeping track of the platform development, tools and AI Marketplace portal.
- Communicate and enforce design, coding standards and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance to improve data source engagements to further improve accuracy of the insights and implement correct life cycle management.
- Leads project team in activities including project coordination / management, Project alignments, Leadership communication, application design and architecture.
- Collects client requirements from business partners, performs analysis, and creates project specifications and detailed design.
- Responsible for communicating Architecture and Design to all project stakeholders.
- Communicate with Internal IT teams, business sponsors and other stake holders on architecture / technical feasibility for business projects.
- Responsible for coaching / mentoring other members of the team, reviewing their deliverables and setting standards and guidelines.
- Receives little to no supervision on project execution, coordination, handling complex technical situations, technology and architectural directions.
- Evaluate and finalize AWS migration and deployment strategies for existing and new components in SOI.
- Work closely with IT Security and Verizon Compliance teams in auditing and authentication solutions.
- Collaborate with VDSI and architect Unit Test automation framework on Server modules, which would help with Dev-Ops initiative and implement CICD process.
- Actively support business users and understand their needs to develop or identify products and vendors to speed up the process.
- Work with cross functional teams to implement projects and coordinate the development activities.
- Proactively identify and eliminate road blocks that might occur within the project, take control of the situation and coordinate with different teams to come up with the resolution.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degreein Computer Science / Engineering.
- Twelve or more years of Software Development experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the Software applications technical delivery management.
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Scala, Spark and SQL and NoSQL database
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Experience in creating systems / architecture and storytelling presentations to communicate with business.
- One or more years of experience with Pega, Cassandra, and Apigee.
- Ability to manage on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Experience in building complex system/architecture.
- Experience in designing software that handles millions of transactions and a variety of functionalities.
- AWS / Azure / Big Data architecture level certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.