What you’ll be doing...
You will function as Tenant Ops support for the Visible Network in a Box (NiB) project, responsible for 14+ IMS/EPC network elements. As Visible growth continues, the MTS IV - Specialist will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor with implementing and supporting the new SMSC/MMSC network elements, as well as our upcoming VNF Manager platform and the migration of our HSS DB from an Oracle based solution to Couchbase.
You will be working with a dynamic team on this highly executive aware project and should have the following skillset:
- Call flow debugging expertise utilizing IrisView, Wireshark and NetScout applications is required.
- Oversee the reporting of service KPI and analytics for the new and existing services within the Visible tenant operations team.
- Run reports for daily KPI measurements and help engineering address capacity and demand growth on the systems.
- Implement tenant operations MOPs for patches and new releases with focus on reduction of mean time to repair.
- Implement detailed project plans and provide input to weekly status calls with teams across several organizations.
- Perform expert level troubleshooting and debugging of both network and application system issues.
- This position will require on call rotation and willingness to work in night (50%) depending on needs of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in technology related field.
- Experience at an operational level demonstrating skills with Linux, OpenStack, Application Deployment as well as debugging techniques for the application and systems.
- Excellent communication skills where you will interface with multiple teams supporting a live production network where response and resolution time are critical to ensure reliability.
- Knowledge of IrisView, NetScout, wireshark, tcpdump, ping, netstat, as well as Linux.
- Knowledge of 4G call flow and capability to explain fundamental building blocks of IMS.
- Ability to demonstrate applied skills and working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DIAMETER, SIP, and LDAP.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of OpenStack architecture and networking with special attention on automation using heat scripts and Ansible.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.