What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business. In this position, you will be a strong leader with sound OSP/ISP technical experience who thrives in a highly fast paced environment.
- Manages all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Leads complex large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables with strict deadlines.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes sound decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Provides concise reporting of status and information in presentation format for leadership consumption.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Effectively manages a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Creates Install, Splice, and Facility Prep packages for field install and test. Maintains local site and fiber records.
- Provides diversity analysis for internal groups in support of future customer orders, mesh network growth, and converged core data networks.
- Cultivates a strong, positive culture through coaching, mentoring and development.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Engineering or in any Technical field.
- Strong OSP/ISP engineering experience deploying fiber optic networks - preferably in the SanJose Area. Knowledge of engineering principles within OSP/ISP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Knowledge of engineering/design and review, construction and field knowledge, knowledge with SanJose Area jurisdictions and permitting requirements/processes.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Robust knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Micro station, 3GIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth and other OSP telecom industry standard software platforms.
- Ten or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, people development and operational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Capability to effectively communicate and present with at all levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to build sustainable strong results against given metrics.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.