Moves, coordinates and consolidates inventory to support order fulfillment for all product lines, under moderate supervision. Ensures accuracy of material movement and system transactions. Job duties are performed in compliance with established standard procedures.
- Support and drive safe work practices with a safety-first mindset.
- Perform physical and administrative tasks involved in general warehouse activities under general supervision, including picking, put-away, packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, according to material requirements.
- Verify material accuracy and quality, check for damaged goods, and segregate inventory following standard quality and non-conformance processes.
- Pack materials according to procedure, including handling of packing supplies, corrugated boxes, coolers, gel packs and dry ice.
- Fulfill and process multiple orders through ERP system via RF scanner or manual input.
- Generate product and shipping labels through ERP and carrier software.
- Ensure inventory accuracy through proper inventory transfers, correct material labeling, and bin audits and/or cycle counts.
- Segregate short dated and expired material and execute scrap requests.
- Communicate inventory or work area concerns to the appropriate individual or group.
- Work with material in ambient, cold, and frozen temperature environments.
- Operate/work with heavy equipment, such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Maintain organization of work areas through 6S (sort, straighten, standardize, shine, sustain, safety).
- Interact with colleagues in Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, Customer Service and Finance to support daily operations.
- Provide other support as requested.
- Related work experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment with temperature sensitive products.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact well with direct and cross-functional team members.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Very detail oriented with strong math and organizational skills.
- Familiar with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), and ISO and FDA regulated environments.
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP preferred).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Basic knowledge of Kanban and pull systems
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40lbs to a 36-inch height.
Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf