Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year-over-year.
The Senior Accountant will join a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company as a key, full-time member of the Corporate Accounting team. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the accounting function. As the Senior Accountant, you will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will work closely with accounting and finance teams globally to support global treasury related accounting processes and treasury operations, monthly close, consolidation process and statutory financial reporting. You will assist in researching technical accounting guidance and conclude on accounting topics. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes that will enable the accounting team to keep pace with Splunk’s tremendous growth as we strive to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion and beyond.
Location: This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office.
- Support global treasury related accounting processes and treasury operations such as cash management, international subsidiaries funding, cash flow reporting and forecast, FX hedging program
- Support accounting period close for areas of functional responsibility which may include preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis
- You will execute existing accounting and reporting controls and procedures in the course of the monthly and quarterly close including: departmental close packages, financial reporting reconciliations, support of SEC reporting, analytics and efficiency metrics
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific assigned areas
- You will assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- Participate in ERP system implementation project (requirements documentation, system configuration, test documentation / execution, issue identification and resolution)
- You will assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- You will manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to our business partners
- You will actively assist in international compliance projects such as local statutory audits and filings
- Perform special purpose or ad hoc analyses as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license preferred
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience is required (combination of private and public experience preferred); deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Takes initiative to implement changes that will simplify and improve processes
- Willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the team, management, peers, cross-functional groups and business partners
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (such as: vlookups & conditional statements, pivot tables, data analysis, data visualization, what-if-analysis)
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing tasks
- SAP or other global ERP system experience is preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.