What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SAAS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a startup environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering and maintaining features and components for our suite of mobile apps.
- Participate in product feature implementation, both independently and in cooperation with your cross-functional team.
- Implement changes and new features in a manner which promotes efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Liaise with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews.
- Investigate technical issues during the full development lifecycle.
- Provide effort estimations for the individual and team assignments.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience using MVP or MVVM.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with input to their design.
- Knowledge of mobile security concerns.
- Professional experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes - ideally Kanban or scrum as a minimum.
- Experience with systems analysis and design, and working with senior engineers and architects.
- Experience working in larger project and team environments with product, application support and operations teams.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Up to date with latest developments in the Android ecosystem.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Exposure to customer-facing apps with an emphasis on usability.
- An understanding of Gitflow, code review processes and build pipelines.
- Experience with additional platforms, particularly .NET and iOS.
- Exposure to TDD and/or BDD.
- An innovative mindset.
- Quality and results focused - with experience in project delivery individually or as part of a team.
- An enthusiasm and passion for software and technology.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.