What you’ll be doing...
- Architecting modem diagnostic solutions with a clear business understanding and technical requirements.
- Design, development and implement new 3GPP/Customer/User/Data Plane solutions on 5G/LTE/3G standards using Cellular Modem protocol stack expertise to meet business, functional, quality, performance, footprint and power requirements.
- Enhance and extend product offering with strong understanding of 5G NSA/SA network architecture, network slicing and RAN functionality.
- Architect Modem protocol parsing and creation of Library using different language for Log Analysis to help identify device and network software defects, customer experience issues and implementation required remedial enhancements to the products
- Strong grasp of mobile device and application software and hardware development life cycle
- Excellent knowledge with common mobile handset operating systems (Android, iOS).
- Knowledge of Qualcomm, Intel, Samsung chipsets & RF modules relating to wireless devices for generating new requirement to meet next generation products
- Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers LTE system simulators, WIFI analyzers and packet sniffers) to ensure quality solutions
- Must have hands on experience on Android app development, multi-core architecture and time-critical functions in embedded systems.
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP standards (GSM, UMTS, HSPA, LTE), 3GPP2 (1xRTT / EVDO) and/or OMA.
- Good understanding of mobile and web server communication (REST API web services, XML parsing and JASON).
- Work in machine/deep learning, neural network, machine translation, machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence platforms for enhancing 3GPP implementation across the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Ten or more years of device/application development experience handset manufacturers, wireless network operators, network equipment vendors, and/or chipset vendors in device/application development capacity.
- Five or more years in 3G/LTE/5G NR or other Wireless protocol stack development.
- Five or more years of software development skills and coding practices in embedded C/C++.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in 3GPP 5G/LTE/3G feature design and development mainly of RRC, PDCP, RLC and MAC protocol stacks but also knowledge of L1/PHY.
- Strong embedded debugging skills and knowledge with protocol trace & analysis tools.
- SCRUM/Agile application development lifecycle practices.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.