What you’ll be doing...
You have the ability to define a vision and your entrepreneurial mindset drives you to generate highly innovative ideas and take calculated risks. You develop strong relationships and win-win solutions, which makes you a productive collaborator. Customers appreciate that you take personal responsibility for their satisfaction, and team members know they can count on your commitment.
- Create and lead a "Build-Buy-Partner" Technology model to accelerate Collections systems.
- Develop, build, deploy and operate the next generation collections management framework for consumer and enterprise customers.
- Drive the multi-year billing modernization program of consolidating consumer and enterprise collections.
- Drive end-to-end lifecycle solutions delivery from "Ideation and Incubation" to "Deployment and Rollout” to eventual "run and operate frameworks."
- Experience with Telco Billing and payment systems with knowledge of standard billing platforms and process.
- Experience with large scale E2E digital payment processing across various payment instruments – Credit Card, ACH, Paypal, Apple pay, Paper checks etc. and associated collections processes with financial institution.
- Experience with AR sunbledger management and processing.
- Experience with E2E collections process – Treatment, Cure, Finalization and experience with external credit reporting and management for consumer and business.
- Allocate skilled resources for project and enhancement requests as well as day-to-day operations.
- Take rational risk and promote a risk-aware culture and ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Maintain productive management level relationships with Verizon's business functions.
- Strong implementation knowledge of RPA, AI/ML, Big Data (Hadoop) & Data Streams technology
- Experience with Opensource & Cloud Technologies and large scale deployments in - AWS, NodejS, Cassendra, Angularjs etc.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Java/J2EE application development including experience leading a technical team in such web technologies.
- Software development experience in a diverse set of areas including scalable web applications, web services, message queues.
- Experience in project management including waterfall and agile methodologies.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Experience in leading/managing Software projects/development teams.
- Experience triaging/handling high pressure customer end user/requests.
- Experience with performance tuning, scalability and availability.
- Significant experience in software development cycle.
- Experience in a DevOps software development environment.
- Experience migrating web applications to Cloud (AWS, Oracle Cloud or Cloud Foundry etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Docker/Container technologies.
- Experience with Sales and Supply chain systems, logistics, Customer Engagement & CRM systems.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.