ICF is seeking a driven employee for a role with increasing responsibility. With over 50 years of experience, ICF is a stable, yet progressive company on the cutting edge of many of today’s most relevant issues.
This position is responsible for maintaining the financial health of some of ICF’s exciting project work. Imagine using your financial and Government contracting experience in support of important, life-changing missions. Responsibilities include project setup, budgeting, forecasting, revenue recognition, variance analysis, and reporting. The position also allows the opportunity to interface with operations and senior management to share financial results and identify future expectations.
Leadership skills are essential, and your ability to guide the project team through financial processes and requirements is critical to this position.
- Work side-by-side with Project Managers and serve as the Finance Representative on project teams
- Interface and build collaborative relationships with Departments across ICF, such as Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Management, and Business Unit Leads.
- Communicate with direct management regarding financial results and ensure PMs and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial reviews.
- Monitor budgets and analyze project costs, fee and revenue to assure that projects remain financially healthy and achieve expected results.
- Review and complete timely and accurate project monthly revenue recognition procedures, in accordance with GAAP and ICF policies.
- Prepare and analyze project based forecasting, including Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) and Estimate-To-Complete (ETC) analyses.
- Set up projects in Deltek Costpoint for all contract types (Cost-plus, T&M, and Fixed Price) in accordance with ICF’s internal SOx policies and procedures.
- Maintain Costpoint project information (i.e. contract /funding values, period of performance, line of business, project labor categories, etc.) and assure data quality.
- Ensure timely invoice processing. Work with assigned billing specialist; review and approve invoices; follow up on collections; and analyze and understand unbilled WIP.
- Manage project subcontractor invoices, including approvals; write-ups for submission to AP; and maintenance of financial data for semi-annual subcontractor reporting (SF 294).
- Prepare project work plan / task order budgets as needed.
- Maintain project forecasts to assist the project team with effective financial planning.
- Prepare and submit project monthly progress reports, financial dashboards, or other reports as required.
- Review and monitor project funding and expenditures for contract 75% Limitation of Funds notification.
- Prepare and provide necessary financial information (i.e., fee retention, final invoice review) and other related financial documentation to the ICF closeout department.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Experience with ERP, Financial and Accounting system, preferably Deltek Costpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in Government contracting environment preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price contracts.
- Experience with contracts that have multiple CLIN and revenue types.
- Ability to interface with clients, project teams, and company management.
- Experience maintaining financial records.
- Experience using Microsoft office applications.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic.
- Team player with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasker with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.