What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is in the process of modernizing our core networks to enable new, groundbreaking products and technologies. This new 'Intelligent Edge Network' leverages virtualization and software defined networking and will transform how we provide products and service, and maintain our position as the industry leader. Verizon is seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be responsible for Center Engineering and Vendor Management for various build initiatives in the Intelligent Edge and video networks. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of a build, in particular to resolve technical issues as they present themselves. The Engineer will utilize Verizon systemsto document all technical solutions and ensure a timely deployment of all builds.
Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Create required Telephone Equipment Orders (TEOs) to drive purchase of required equipment and services.
- Create Project Supplements as required for appropriate financial budget management of build initiatives.
- Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution.
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates.
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical issues encountered throughout the build process.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Manager, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations in performing site surveys to obtain critical site specific pre-engineering data prior to the build, as well as post installation redlines and end of job audits.
- Negotiate, coordinate, and drive/track completion of project milestones with all appropriate stakeholders, to include third party turf vendors.
- Facilitate and maintain relationships with multiple service vendors, including pricing compliance, standards creation and compliance, and conducting quality reviews – to include follow up remediation as appropriate and periodic performance reviews.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in area of engineering or other technical discipline.
- Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion using conflict resolution/facilitation/solution-driven analysis.
- Communication and project methodology skills in combination with technical experience in telecom network engineering.
- Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.