ICF is hiring a Technical Writer for a DoD client that we support in Quantico, VA. ICF's technical writer will work routinely with senior executives (SESs) and diverse internal and external stakeholders, using their skills to document agency implementation of strategic plans and programs.
You will work on-site in Quantico, VA, and will work closely with a team of government personnel supporting the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Authorization Office (NAO).
- Prepare manuals for training in or guidance on the operation or maintenance of technical equipment and systems, or specifications for the development or purchase of such equipment and systems.
- Develop Job Aids/Training Resources for internal and external users.
- Create a wide variety of documents to include reports, quarterly newsletters, program brochures and other interoffice/interagency communications.
- Use knowledge of the language and methods used in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to understand and work with technical information. Typical work assignments involve: (1) obtaining, analyzing, and selecting the pertinent information; (2) determining the most logical and effective sequence of the narrative; (3) determining the overall length and tone based on the objectives, the medium, and the audience; (4) writing the material; (5) consulting on or selecting illustrative material; and (6) preparing the material for publication.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Attend designated meetings as required to assist with various portfolio and program needs; take notes and transcribe minutes of these meetings and update relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field
- 5 years proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Industrial Security and/or Counterintelligence environments
- Experience in military staff assignments interacting with senior leaders
- Proficiency in MSPublisher and MSVisio
- Advanced internet research, data collection, and metrics gathering
- Experience using databases for ad hoc information queries
About ICF International:
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. ICF is fluent in the language of change, whether driven by markets, technology, or policy. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, and innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 5,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icfi.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/.