@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Data Engineer in our Minneapolis office.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Deliver data solutions and services that support our internal, proprietary loyalty and campaign platform (CRM), marketing databases, data migrations and reporting/analytics projects for multiple internal (product) and external clients
- Provide end-to-end reporting and analytics solutions with supporting data architecture for our client customers.
- Be responsible for code and various data management activities that meet project and organizational requirements through collaboration with cross-functional teams (application developers, data and solution architects, infrastructure engineers, project managers, business analysts, QA, technical directors and account managers)
- Perform all phases of data engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing.
- Work with large, enterprise-class SQL Server databases
- Work with SQL Server as well as newer data technologies like Elasticsearch and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Collaborate on performance tuning of business-critical code
- Join a team that implements software engineering best practices
- Estimate engineering work effort and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks.
- Troubleshoot production support issues and identify solutions as required to back up the team on Operational DBA activities.
- Use previous experience to maintain the current loyalty and marketing databases.
- Ensure queries are efficient and optimized for best performance.
- Ensure that schema modifications are modeled appropriately.
- Work with QA and development peers to review and test code changes in lower environments.
- Understand, manage and troubleshoot SQL server agent jobs and monitoring software while contributing scripts to improve predictability of database system health.
As a Data Engineer, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server development (T-SQL) versions 2012+ in medium-large database implementations.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient and adept communicating with client customers in varied situations.
- Demonstrated success applying data management and engineering best practices.
- Strong commitment toward preservation of data quality and integrity.
- Understanding of OLTP, OLAP/Data Warehouse (star schema) and mixed workloads
- Strong competency writing SQL queries and with relational database modeling and design.
- A solid grasp of the Git version control system.
- Ability to learn and expand use of Powershell to manage and monitor databases
- Ability to provide general production database and server administration and support
- Interest/Experience in expanding beyond SQL server to newer data technologies like Elasticsearch or the Hadoop ecosystem and components.