ICF is seeking a motivated Wind Energy Engineer with experience in wind turbine technology and/or performance modeling. As the Wind Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting expansion of our services with the wind industry, and contributing to the work of our growing team in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory, with a focus in land-based and off-shore wind developments. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory business segments by building on our established team.
The selected candidate will execute and/or lead project work related to project development and due diligence including evaluating wind turbine technology and associated balance of system components, site conditions and turbine suitability, wind resource assessment, and overall system integration. The selected candidate will support technical analysis of supply and construction contracts, construction and O&M plans, warranties, and pro forma models in support of the due diligence of renewable energy projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other applicable discipline.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry, 2+ years in the wind industry.
- Strong understanding of wind turbine technology, tower design, and performance and siting considerations.
- Knowledge of due diligence and risk assessment process.
- Understanding of project contracts including power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, supply contracts, balance of plant construction contracts, and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Experience with developing or reviewing project capital cost estimates and/or monitoring project construction.
- Experience reviewing wind resource and net generation estimates.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing independent analysis and review of greenfield and operational generation facilities.
- Proficiency in high-level programming languages (i.e. Microsoft VBA, Matlab, Python).
- Experience in writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Possess advanced MS Office Excel and experience with other MS Office Suite applications.
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management and research skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expect 30-50% travel.