Job # 530897
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering organization provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment, integration and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Establish the Systems Engineering team as a valued part of GN&T with consistent and valued work products and a reliable technical consultation organization.
- Provide senior technical leadership through the System Engineering and Integration team including helping to formulate the team’s high-level goals.
- Develop cutting edge, complex telecommunication modeling and analysis algorithm
- Leverage contacts in the industry (forums, partners, etc.) to drive improvements and innovation to the System and Analysis Framework.
- Collaborate with industry partners and specification bodies to understand technology trends to ensure that the models are available when needed by the team.
- Provide technical leadership to an organization in order to drive the identification of impactful / strategic opportunities to model and simulate through partnerships with internal GN&T organizations and Business Units.
- Mentor, train team members on complex technologies and best practices
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development Verizon technical specifications that augment industry recognized specifications.
- Provide senior leadership with executive summary of analysis exercises.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 15+ years of telecommunications experience in mobile embedded systems and products is required
- 5+ years of leading technical experts
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap, driving a project from inception to completion
- Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills including demonstrated experience with executive level presentations
- Knowledge of major telecommunication ecosystem partners and contacts within these organizations
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities
- Expert with 5GNR, LTE ,IMS, VoLTE and TCP / IP
- Familiarity with OMA-DM, LWM2M, PON technologies, NFV / vRAN technologies, Diameter, GTP, SCTP, and Dynamic Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Good understanding of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards
- Demonstrated ability to innovate (e.g. extensive patent portfolio)
- Demonstrated industry recognition as a telecommunications expert (e.g. published, chairs technology forums, etc.)
Even better if you have:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience building a new organization
- Experience architecting, engineering, supporting the Packet Core Networks and understanding the end-to-end architecture including: SMF / UPF / AMF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, ePDG, SaMOB
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.