In this role, the Water Resources Engineer will work in the Water Resources and Conveyance Group and the Environmental Group by performing specialized technical and managerial aspects of engineering assignments in hydrology, hydraulics, flood modeling, stream restoration, and fish passage planning and design. Serves as a responsible technical lead, performing technical tasks and coordinating the use of resources to accomplish multiple, concurrent water or environmental projects. Provides Project Management support as necessary for these projects.
• Leads engineering and managerial efforts for planning, design, and engineering services during construction for water or environmental projects.
• Contributes individually or as the leader of a design team; prepares, and/or reviews plans, technical specifications, contract documents, estimates, and H&H models.
• Performs civil design calculations, sketches, technical evaluations and similar technical work for a variety of projects.
• Conducts, plans, schedules, or coordinates assigned work. Responsible for the ongoing progress of project tasks, including the coordination of the project with Jacobs public and non-public sector clients.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project. Mentors office staff.
• Development of scope and budget documents for new work.
• Supports the Bellevue Water Group and Environmental Manager and Bellevue Sales Lead in identifying and tracking pursuits, and assists in developing and implementing capture plans for such water/storm/wastewater pursuits.
• Provides input to group management on developing and maintaining a strategic business plan for the Bellevue office and the Northwest Region in concert with the overall plans of the company.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.