As an entry-level consultant in the Commercial Energy Division you will develop subject matter expertise, project management skills, and solutions with emphasis on the power, gas, emissions, renewable energy, efficiency and distributed resources sectors. Successful recent graduates advance to progressive client engagement and research responsibility in our consulting practice, and go on to outstanding graduate programs around the country.
This position is for graduating students or recent graduates who are available to start working in summer 2020. Candidates who can begin earlier are also encouraged to apply as well.
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy and environmental markets, using commercial model frameworks
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases
- Evaluate the impact of future market trends and regulations, and support the development of client strategies to manage change
- Perform analysis for major corporate and government client deliverables
- Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- A Bachelor's degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other basic software tools
- Strong interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, finance, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply.
- Passion for the energy industry
- A passion for solving complex problems and identifying creative solutions
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team-oriented, ability to thrive in group solutions
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to a less sophisticated audience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of R, Python and/or other coding languages