Recreation & Parks Administrative Assistant - (BIA0006VT)
We are seeking a highly-motivated Administrative Assistant to join our Tucker, GA team. This position is responsible for performing advanced administrative support in the Recreation and Parks Department. Work involves handling public contacts, maintaining a variety of complex records and compiling reports and statistical data.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Receives, screens, takes messages and appropriately directs calls to the department.
- Provides customer service to visitors and callers regarding information about or knowledge of department operations, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates and manages departmental correspondence.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- Compiles data for daily, monthly, annual and other departmental reports.
- Processes and maintains a variety of daily, monthly, and yearly organizational forms, records, reports, and accounts including personnel records, payroll and budget, expenditure records, and equipment and supply requisition forms.
- Files and retrieves materials and data from the department’s computerized and manual filing systems.
- Maintains the department's filing system.
- Coordinates activities to ensure timely submission of documents or information for staff to ensure accountability of pending projects.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, other City employees and the general public.
- May operate City vehicles in the performance of duties and/or to attend training programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- High School or GED
- Five (5) plus years of experience in increasingly responsible administrative support positions
- Experience in recreation/public works/municipal government environment
- Proficient filing and numbering skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook and other creative, work order, financial and inspection software
- Possess a valid state driver’s license with no major infractions
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create a collaborative environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Inclusive and Diverse culture as well as our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
- Associate’s degree in health, biology, science or related field preferred
- Ability to perform multiple and concurrent tasks, often under time constraints/deadlines and/or in an environment of frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of the City of Tucker and surrounding areas, preferably as a volunteer in the City of Tucker
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven self-starter, proactive, ability to plan, prioritize and organize workload
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to details
- Proven high level of professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy and strong customer service skills
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
: United States-Georgia-Tucker