About the Role
We are seeking an engineering leader with technical depth, security intuition, and entrepreneurial spirit to join our Threat Response team. The Detection Platform Engineering Manager will play a key role throughout the planning, development, and delivery of security solutions, with close collaboration with threat detection engineers, incident responders and investigators, threat intelligence analysts, security engineers, as well as many engineering teams across Uber.
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build intuitive, innovative and robust security technologies that reduce risk and grow user trust. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
What You'll Do
- Establish and communicate team vision and goals
- Work with stakeholders to craft product/technology strategy and roadmap for threat response, mapping critical business priorities to dependencies, and aligning cross-functional roadmaps
- Lead team to plan and deliver against roadmap, both in quality and quantity, in a sustainable way.
- Establish and manage processes for efficient team execution
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing and adopting best practices with well defined goals and metrics.
- Foster cross-functional, cross-team collaboration by building trusted relationships with threat detection engineers, incident responders and investigators, threat intelligence analysts, security engineers, as well as many engineering teams across Uber
- Form partnership with security subject matter experts to develop cutting edge security technologies
- Recruit talent. Mentor, coach, and develop a high performing engineering team
- Build a diverse, inclusive, fair, collaborative, and dynamic team environment
- Be an internal and external evangelist for Uber's security technologies
What You'll Need
- You have 4+ years of experience managing software engineering teams, with strong hands-on software design and development skills
- You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant products and platforms in a big data environment to support our unique rate-of-growth
- You have visionary ideas for threat detection, security analytics, and security operations, and can apply them in a business environment
- You have a strategic mindset, comfortable thinking far ahead of where the team is at now
- You are a creative problem solver, having an excellent understanding of business goals and able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems
- You have excellent execution, organization and collaboration skills
- You are able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain top talent, and build a dynamic and high-performing team
- You are biased toward action, able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into opportunities for growth.
- You are principled yet pragmatic, having conviction and being authentic in your approach, but situationally aware enough to adapt when needed
- You have experience operating in or managing agile development teams
About the Team
- The Detection Platform team's mission is to build and sustain Uber's platforms for security logging and analytics, security orchestration and automation, incident response, and threat intelligence. We partner with our customers to increase the speed and accuracy of investigations, reduce the breach detection gap, and enable critical security questions to be answered 100% of the time. Our systems enable the protection of user data and privacy, helping Uber earn and maintain trust and ensuring compliance with our obligations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.