About the Role
We are looking for an experienced program manager to join Uber's Marketplace team to help execute initiatives and solve complex challenges. Program managers move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. No task is beneath you. You work collaboratively to allow our teams to be better, faster, and smarter. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be tough, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
What You'll Do
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (engineering, data science, product, product operations, design, legal, marketing).
- Manage complex cross-team programs. Interface with engineering and product leaders to estimate work efforts, define milestones, OKRs and manage resources. Track progress, understand dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Help execute the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to understand concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Work closely with leadership and stakeholders to run, design, and deploy processes and procedures that solve complex organizational challenges.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver. Implement continuous improvements to the organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a program manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Advanced in Project Management principles and leadership.
- Solid experience in a software development ecosystem working with software engineers.
- Working familiarity with SDLC, PDLC, Agile/Scrum.
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
Bonus points if
- Utilized metrics and reporting to drive results across a large organization
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing tech startup
- Proficiency with project management tools and software (e.g., Coda, JIRA, Asana, Basecamp, Google Drive, etc)
About the Team
Marketplace is the heart of Uber - aligning reliability, needs, matching, upfront pricing, availability across ALL of our LOB's!
See new technologies unfold and have the opportunity to collaborate with senior engineering leadership at Uber. Help us increase the engineering velocity and operational efficiency of an amazing Marketplace Engineering Team!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.