About the Role
The Global Investigations Team is hiring three Investigative Senior Managers, one each for the North America (NORAM), Latin America (LATAM), and Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) mega-regions. This role will manage a regional team of lead and technical investigators responsible for investigating a wide array of serious allegations of wrongdoing by Uber employees as well as external parties attempting to defraud Uber. You will ensure the team remains independent finders of fact with adherence to established investigative priorities and protocols.
What You'll Do
- Open and assign investigations to team members in accordance with established priorities and protocols
- Ensure the caseload for team members is equitably distributed
- Ensure investigations are conducted in a thorough and expeditious manner
- Close investigations once you are satisfied the allegations have been thoroughly investigated and the investigative reports are written clearly and concisely
- Utilize your previous experience to mentor and coach team members
- Establish and maintain relationships with regional stakeholders
- Act as a buffer between investigators and regional stakeholders to allow investigations to be conducted efficiently and independently
- Be directly involved in high priority investigations receiving visibility from Uber executives
- Be willing to share resources with other regions conducting high priority investigations
What You'll Need
- Expertise conducting either internal fraud, external fraud, insider threat, or complex criminal investigations.
- The ability to manage a team working in remote locations
- Excellent liaison and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a caseload according to established priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours under pressure
- Willingness to work odd hours to accommodate stakeholders located in different time zones
- Willingness to travel internationally if required, potentially with short notice
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.