About the Role
Seeking an open-minded, driven and technically sound individual to challenge the status quo and is passionate about process improvement. This role will report to the lease accounting manager and will support Uber's global infrastructure organization to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting for our global ASC 842 lease accounting of right-of-use ("ROU") assets and liabilities. This role is based in Dallas, Texas.
What You'll Do
- Participate in lease accounting assessments for new leases and modifications of existing leases
- Participate in month-end close tasks including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyze monthly variances across GL accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Collaborate with Global Business Service (Accenture) team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
- Partner closely with financials statement line item owners and business partners from various departments
- Work cross-functionally and develop process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies within the team
- Support internal/external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Support global infrastructure team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years professional experience
- Great team player with ability to work independently and a willingness to take on challenges
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- An understanding of lease accounting is a plus
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.