About the Role
We have ambitious goals and objectives and need a strong, action-oriented City General Manager to join our team. The City GM will own operations and build his/her team from the ground up. As a key member of the project leadership team, you will help shape the product and strategic direction.
What You'll Do
- Define and implement operational strategy in your city
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of Ops rockstars. You will be responsible for defining hiring needs in your city and bringing on top Ops talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also setting the future strategy.
- Leading by example and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Oversee budgeting, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach profitability targets
- Growth of the business. Execution is key. You will be responsible for growth and revenue in a highly competitive space.
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, expansion plans, product success - all with the goal of creating highly efficient operations.
- Manage vendors. Ensure that our vendor partners are providing the services and resources necessary for your operations team to succeed.
What You'll Need
- Grit, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Exepreince in a managerial role with direct reports
- High interest in the on-demand labor space
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional project management skills
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- A self-starter attitude:
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo
- Ability to be on call when the product is busiest (often nights, weekends, and holidays). You are responsible for realtime ops, 24/7. We'll develop automated support to help you and your team, but you will own all reliability metrics
About the Team
The operations team works closely with product and engineering to define a best-in-class experience for workers and businesses. We are growing quickly and want teammates as excited about the future as we are.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.