About the Role
Elevate Senior Design Manager will be responsible for managing the priorities of this exciting design team; shipping the many internal and external-facing, customer-obsessed touchpoints of our programs -- from Uber Copter and Eats Drone Delivery, to press-oriented events and appearances on behalf of our team as well as our valuable partnerships, design ships it all. We're a small but talented team, in high-demand at every turn. This role requires a multi-faceted design background across digital UI/UX ( mobile and web), physical (Industrial) design, environmental (architectural) design, as well as brand ecosystem storytelling (product marketing/ agency). Successful candidates will have fluency navigating all of these areas, as necessary to empathize with the team's workload, priorities, career expectations, and professional growth. Creating design opportunities with c-level relationships at external design firms is also core to Elevate's success in design. This role is tightly linked to product leadership, setting North-star vision with technical accuracy and product relevancy at every opportunity; so proven evidence of working across disciplines is absolutely critical.
What You'll Do
- Oversee a diverse, cross-functional team of UX/UI and Industrial Designers, and Brand Creatives
- Steward product experiences across multiple business areas - advocate for systems thinking, create Northstar vision
- Mentor a team consisting of digital UI/UX ( mobile and web), physical (Industrial) design, environmental (architectural) design, as well as brand ecosystem storytelling (product marketing/ agency)
- You'll help designers become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies at envisioning what could be.
- You'll showcase your ability to think globally, strategically with a high level of visual aesthetics.
- Set the bar for work quality and design direction is paramount.
- You'll encourage and empower the team to take risks, solve problems, and learn from mistakes
- Partner closely with leaders across all functions (Design, Strategy, BD, Product, Engineering, etc...) as well as external design partners
- Evolve and evangelize a world-class design culture.
- Contribute to the advancement of the product design team through the introduction of new methods and practices.
- Recruit, nurture and retain top-tier talent.
What You'll Need
- You have at least 10 + years of product design experience, crafting and delivering user-centered, consumer experiences across Brand, Industrial design and Product Design
- Proven experience in growing and managing a design team of between 4-10+ people is expected; building team culture, design principles, and sustainable processes throughout.
- You have superior design sensibility. You create elegant and compelling designs over and over and push creative boundaries.
- Your portfolio includes multiple clear and material design wins attributable to your design leadership.
- The ability to be hands-on creating work and providing inspirational creative direction, you're focused on helping others become amazing designers. You set the quality bar high.
- Strong business acumen and meaningfully contribute to defining product requirements not just translating them into designs.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.