Job # 530084
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the platform team, the Senior Platform Engineer will design and implement mission critical systems that enable our groundbreaking ProtectWise Grid. You are energized and passionate about solving massively large data processing challenges.
- Develop and design software automation to drive efficiencies and help us scale our infrastructure.
- Develop and design process and documentation.
- Develop and design services and systems that ingest and process multigigabit network streams through the ProtectWiseGrid.
- Develop and design automated unit and functional testing around features.
- Collaborate with Product Management on understanding and refinement of core features of the ProtectWiseGrid.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years on production experience in JVM languages.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Six or more years in large scale concurrent software and systems development.
- Two or more years of experience working with large scale data ingest, processing and storage systems.
- Strong experience with software design patterns and testing methodologies.
- Experience with open source projects and frameworks.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Experience or interest in functional programming methodologies.
- Experience with distributed systems and /or large scale data processing, such as Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Scala experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Abstract, analytical thinking.
- Time management.
- Ability to design and develop system architecture.
- Systems Integration.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.