SEPI Event Support Management IRES - SAFB - (AER00038K)
Description of Duties:
The Event Support Management Deputy supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Be responsible for understanding event participants and their requirements to ensure that Schriever AFB tenant activities are not adversely affected.
- Assist in developing event work products and participating in scheduled gate reviews to ensure MDA/IC-provisioned systems and services are available for upcoming events and real-world ballistic missile defense operations support.
- Work with Event Management Lead developing event Critical/Priority Asset Lists and coordinates results with stakeholders to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Review Schriever AFB forecasted engineering packages for anticipated base-level work in order to identify event schedule conflicts.
- Lead event support team meetings in order to identify methodologies for refining and improving event management processes for assuring quality support to our customers.
- Provide future event teams with information that can increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform root cause analysis, capture/report metrics, and trending analysis in order to develop appropriate process control/improvement changes.
- Structure shared information environments to support data governance, data sharing, data retrieval, and transparency.
- Actively support event Lessons Learned efforts to ensure improvements, innovations, and problem resolutions are captured and infused into the event support lifecycle.
- Support the Event Management Lead in leading and managing Event Management Team personnel, activities, deliverables, and timely responses to government customers and event stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Be able to work as part of a cohesive team by responding to fast-paced changes from internal and external forces while delivering high-quality products on schedule.
- Be versatile
- Have a positive attitude
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for 14 days ending on 30 October 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position.
Must consist of one of the following combinations: High School diploma (or GED) with 16 years of general experience; or Associate's degree with 14 years of general experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years general experience ; Master’s degree and 2 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Must have at least 5 years of management or leadership experience.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) system drawings, usually in Visio, to ensure customer requirements are properly identified, incorporated, and displayed.
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) best practices and documents used to identify and track event resources. The best practices will include: Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM)
- Familiar with Process Improvement Methodologies
- Familiarity with IT network topologies and how to trace data flows between locations
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy ticketing system in order to research break-fix tickets for potential impacts to events
- This includes performing deep-dives into closed tickets to gather pertinent information regarding outages
- Familiarity with maintaining SharePoint Sites.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Project Management Professional Certification
- International Council on Systems Engineering/Associate of Systems Engineering Professionals
- A knowledge of MDA organization structure as well as systems/networks
- A knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and its components
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs