Mid Level Software Developer (.NET) - TS/SCI w/poly *2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS* - (ATE0003VB)
“Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is currently seeking a Mid Level .NET Developer / Software Engineer to support our Columbia, MD (Broken Land Parkway) office operations. The engineer must be able to develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and working with users and/or system engineers. The position will work as part of a small team environment of programmers that are responsible for developing new and existing code. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customer base. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures.
**This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign on bonus**
Duties and responsibilities may also include:
- Research, design, develop, implement and manage software programs
- Test and evaluate new programs
- Analyze systems flow, data usage and work process and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Design and update Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Develop technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers
- Achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Typically has a BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and two (2) to three (3) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in Programming
- Active TS/SCI with CI poly
- Experience with MVC, .NET, SQL, Team Foundation Server and Java Script Framework Scripting languages
- Security+ Certification
- Possession up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Possession of excellent communication skills
- Possession strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure
- Possession of strong coding skills and coding structure
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
*Sign-on bonus is only applicable to external hires*
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
: United States-Maryland-Ft Meade