Lead Electrician - (BI 0007ZH)
Responsible for electrical maintenance and emergency repairs of electrical equipment at the facilities; proposes, prepares, makes modifications, and executes the preventive maintenance program designed for the facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Performs a variety of tasks in the preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment associated with water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment Assists Project Manager in planning, scheduling, and directing the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of specialized mechanical and electrical equipment, buildings, structures, and grounds
- Assists Project Manager in budgeting and estimating cost and time for all aspects of repairs or replacements
- Reads, interprets, and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, specifications, and mechanical illustrations
- Performs skilled Electrical repair work on water/wastewater treatment plant equipment and related equipment
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences
- Assists Project Manager in recordkeeping and prepares routine and special reports
- Follows oral and written directions
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing at all levels regarding recommended maintenance and repair procedures
- Provides on-the-job training to less experienced employees
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on mechanical and electrical machinery or equipment
- Uses special tools, Multimeters, Voltage sensors, Wire strippers, Insulated screwdrivers
- Performs other duties as required
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on electrical equipment; have vision sufficient to perform electrical maintenance; have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment. Night and weekend shift rotation may be required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Six years’ experience with maintenance and repair of advanced electrical and mechanical equipment
- Ten years of experience with knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and materials employed in the general operations, maintenance and repair of advanced electrical and mechanical equipment and systems, including: combustion engines, vehicles, electric motors, farm machinery, pumps and related equipment associated with water/wastewater systems
- Possess a valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by Jacobs’ insurance carrier
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
- Some trade school education with an emphasis on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and to enter data into a computerized maintenance management system
- Knowledge of safe work practices, supervisory training, and federal and state laws as they pertain to the water/wastewater industry
: United States-Oklahoma-Duncan