Job # 524161
What you’ll be doing...
The position requires technical leadership and command to engineer and implement application delivery controller platforms that supports the Global Technology Services - Network and Unified Communications operating environment. The engineering role requires you to interface and collaborate across multiple IT Organizations and implement annual performance objectives that preserve, strengthen, and transform Global Technology Services across Verizon.
- Work extensively with application and infrastructure team members to advance the company’s IT Transformation Strategy in order to support business priorities.
- Implement directional application and security configurations, assuring availability and platform support.
- Manage the integration of multiple complex projects that will require an exceptional and secure customer experience once placed into production.
- Report status, progress, and issues to management as required.
- Review and evaluate network change controls for accuracy and inclusion of key information as well as potential operational impact.
- Provide detailed delivery plans, manage post-mortem follow-up on critical outages, and translating technical information for the executive management team.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement mitigation strategies and opportunities for implementation and operational improvement.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technical discipline.
- Three or more years of experience with IT infrastructure.
- Three or more years of experience with Security and Application products from Citrix, AVI and F5.
- Experience working with Agile practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot critical performance and stability issues in a timely fashion; rally resources as necessary to address all production environments.
- Appropriate escalation judgment and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a distributed team of network engineers.
- Ability to communicate project status and progress effectively.
- Ability to focus on process and the customer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple critical initiatives at once.
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Ability to work independently and effectively undertime constraints and deliver accurate results.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Citrix CCE-N, CCA-N, and CCP-N certification.
- CISSP or AWS certification.
- Results oriented agile mindset with a strong sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of Citrix, AVI, F5 application delivery controller technology, network security, and network performance analysis and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience working with Public Cloud providers such as AWS, Google and Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Security Threat Management concepts and applications.
- Experience with Data Center LAN networking and troubleshooting.
- Experience creating and implementing a vision related to the support of large-scale production networks.
- Experience maintaining appropriate documentation for internal consumption on all aspects of the network infrastructure.
- Experience with IT networking, network automation, software development.
- Experience with HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, and other networking services and protocols.
- Experience creating and presenting presentations to all levels of an organization.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.