Job # 530926
What you’ll be doing...
As an ERP Project Manager, the candidate will be very involved in ensuring design, build and implementation of work product; participate in requirements elicitation, validation of architecture, creation and review of design. Candidate will define the problem, propose and create the solution as well as guide teams on project processes, deliverables and contribute to the proposal development, client training and internal capability building and help detail the project scope.
Provide critical project management support and direction of the systems in support of the implementation of the 1ERP SAP S4/HANA Finance & Supply Chain platform. System support will include knowledge of SAP (Inventory, Procurement, Plant Maintenance, and Asset Tracking), working with IT and Business partners on managing project deliverables.
Provide project management and oversight –
- Lead and facilitate meetings and discussions to elicit business requirements to define and deliver system solutions. You will drive end-to-end process and solution leadership to successfully complete large impactful programs on time with well-managed scopes and costs
- Manage Stakeholder engagement to ensure buy in and support of Project
- Articulate the problem statement and openly bring up challenges, roadblocks and impediments, negotiate, influence and drive solutions with team members for tactical and strategic enterprise business capabilities
- Manage shared test team to execute, status, and resolve Functional Unit (FUT), Integrated (ITC), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Flexibility and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems meeting customer specific requirements
- Ensure solutions are in compliance with Verizon policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures
- Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plan
- Manage compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance
- Cross-functional Solution Design –
- Requirements gathering from business users, IT professionals, etc.
- Synthesizing business requirements across functional departments (cost allocations, intercompany settlements, consolidations, regulatory compliance, tax, labor accounting, asset and project accounting)
- Work interactively across Business and IT teams to support development of business solutions
- Coordinating integration activities with external applications
- Manage cross functional testing impacting multiple groups and applications
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with large system program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Supply Chain business experience with inventory management, warehousing, and logistics.
- Four or more years of project management experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, Project Management or related discipline.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across management levels
- Demonstrated highly developed cross team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.