Job # 526720
What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior Java Application Support Engineer to join the MyVerizon Digital Self Service team with skills in Troubleshooting and end user support.
Product/End User Support
- Troubleshoot & provide straightforward solutions to moderate to complex technical problems/issues of end users.
- Identify & recommend maintenance approaches to proactively reduce problems for end users.
- Use help desk data records/tracking and related applications/infrastructure to effectively address user issues.
- Review backlogs, analyze help desk data and resolve issues related to applications/systems.
Computing Infrastructure Implementation & Support
- Guide team members on design, testing and troubleshooting computing configurations.
- Resolve complex issues with infrastructure performance and stability.
- Use asset management tools & procedures to ensure computing infrastructure meets portfolio objectives.
End-to-End System Analysis & Design
- Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs.
- Guide others to assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs.
- Evaluate solution’s alignment with the end user experience.
Application Outage Lead (AOL)
- Be the Primary Point of Contact for ALL crisis and on-call related items.
- Conduct initial review of issue, application, and process reported issues.
- Engage additional teams and additional on-call resources as needed for on-going research/support.
System & Network Security
- Write scripts to develop programs that improve processing of access requests.
- Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications.
- Evaluate how security impacts the design & development process of reliable networks.
Technical Product Knowledge
- Assess the alignment of technical products/solutions with business needs.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends to continuously update Verizon’s operations and assess how competition differs from Verizon’s current state.
- Guide teams through the successful implementation of new products.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in J2EE application development.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with mobile browser technologies.
- Experience in source control tool Git/Stash.
- Experience in spring, spring boot, and/or spring cloud.
- Experience with modular, lightweight, event-driven Micro service architectures on a variety of Infrastructure Stacks.
- Experience with ‘Web scale’ architecture and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with NoSQL Datastores such as Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Experience with distributed caching frameworks such as Coherence.
- Experience with server-side rest web service frameworks.
- Experience in Jira, Jenkins, and preferably Puppet.
- Experience resolving the browser compatibility issues utilizing the different browser plug-in (firebug, IE developer toolbar, etc.).
- Knowledge in creating XML / XSD specs and Web services using SOAP.
- Experience with browser optimization techniques.
- Unix experience to write reports for debugging production logs.
- Experience with website monitoring tools such as Gomez, Site Catalyst, Kibana.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work across organizations and with cross-functional teams, on a global scale.
- Excellent communication and customer management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.