Do you like to be challenged with testing of complex large-scale engineering systems? Are you passionate about technical excellence? ViaSat is a leader in providing practical solutions for difficult communications problems. The company has been honored for its record of performance by national magazines such as INC, Forbes, Fortune Small Business, and BusinessWeek, including two years running on the Business 2.0 "100 Fastest Growing Tech Companies."
As Systems Test Engineer, you will work on important DoD programs and projects that provide systems to support command and control, surveillance, intelligence, weapon status, and situational awareness communications over Link 16. You will enjoy interacting with multidisciplinary teams (digital, RF, mechanical, and software) to integrate and test terminals and systems. You will develop test plans and procedures to perform requirements verification of the system and execute manual and automated test cases as well as perform verification and validation of requirements, document test results, perform regression testing, failure analysis, and create discrepancy reports. You will also have the opportunity to develop reusable automated test cases for regression, stability and new feature testing and develop test software to automate testing and use database software to document test cases, track test progress, and document trouble reports.
• 8+ years systems integration and test experience
• Hands-on experience using lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, digital signal generators and noise figure meters
• Experience scripting control of test equipment and Device Under Test (LabVIEW, Python, MATLAB, or other)
• Working knowledge of RF amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
• Experience architecting test strategies, executing tests, and writing test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• US government position. US citizenship required
• Active DoD Secret Clearance or have held one in the last two years
• Up to 10% travel
• Experience with large scale qualification testing such as MIL-STDs
• Link 16 or other Tactical Data Link experience
• Ability to review large amounts of raw test data to identify, isolate, troubleshoot, and correct test setup issues, and unit failures
• EMC/EMI experience