About the Role
We are looking for a leader in the US / CAN Operations organization. The candidate will lead an operations team comprised of experts and top performers in growing a new business or building a new capability within Uber Eats. Role responsibilities include building and leading a team of experts and top performers to facilitate the transition of a new product from incubation stage to a mature business line while working alongside sales, business development, customer service, marketing and other partners to execute a launch plan. This role reports to the Director - General Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Uber Eats.
You'll come with a track record of building teams and systems tied directly to the top and bottom line results of the organization, ideally with experience discovering and designing business solutions and working cross-functionally across a fast-growing business.
What You'll Do
- Build out and directly lead an operations organization across the US/CAN Cities to scale a new product across the United States
- Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives as well as guiding the team in designing and executing analysis that supports business decisions
- Developing and implementing communications strategies aiming to promote the product, team and business to Eats leadership
- You will directly manage a team of Operations Managers across a variety of levels
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, product, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives for regional strategy
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, business development, business analytics, marketing, customer loyalty and retention, and project management
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and territories
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.