About the Role
A thriving Talent Mobility program is a critical element in retaining and developing the talent Uber has already attracted. We need someone passionate about all things Mobility to develop and progress the operational effectiveness of our Global Mobility Program, as well as shape and execute the program's strategic vision and philosophy. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is a great opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic program development in a booming, constantly changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Partner with key leaders and their leadership teams to develop and execute both long-term and short-term Mobility roadmaps that directly support and enable the org and business' objectives
- Partner with clients to develop and embed a compliant organizational culture, leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving Mobility compliance change
- Act as a process simplification champion who supports reducing complexity and partners with clients and key stakeholders to maximize efficiency
- Develop and drive Talent Mobility strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent
- Lead the development of new, and improvement of, existing Talent Mobility programs
- Provide expert Mobility Tax advice on complex compliance issues
- Partner with HRBPs and clients to implement the effective organizational structures and manage transitions using customizable Mobility solutions
- Provide People Ops Partners team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and training to ensure Mobility Operations are efficient
- Partner with Regional Talent Mobility BPs/Managers to assist with new country/market entry
- Conduct ongoing Mobility training with key business stakeholders and employees (HRBPs, Hiring Managers, etc.)
- Serve as the POC for the business to set up assignments - obtain approvals, review initiation forms, request cost estimates, coordinate questions and approval from business - complete assignment repatriation process
- Ensure that guidelines and programs are aligned with business needs - partnering with Mobility COE to iterate and develop Mobility offerings
- Take ownership of high-impact projects that shape the future of Mobility at Uber
What You'll Need
- 5+ Years of Experience with Technical knowledge of mobility tax, payroll, and equity considerations for globally mobile employees, EA or CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of US immigration
- People Operations & Talent background preferred
- A strategic and consultative mindset with advanced interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience in program design and development preferred
- Motivated self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Passionate about customer/client success with a track record to prove it
- Creative and innovative
About the Team
We are a diverse team of experts who develop and manage the Talent Mobility programs that get our people where they need to go-in the right way. We offer technical guidance and support employees, managers, and our internal stakeholders throughout the process.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.