About the Role
The Supply Chain Analytics team will lead transformation and change to help set new standards specific to Supply Chain and help to lead this transformation using advanced data analytics!
Systematically applying continuous improvement methods to our Supply Chain End2End (E2E) processes, driving better business results, the Supply Chain Management Business Process Expert (SCM-BPE) works to find solutions to complex problems within operations, supply chain, demand planning, logistics and innovate on leading edge solutions to manage projects broadly across SCALE within Uber ATG. The SCM-BPE is given responsibility on day one to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions. The SCM-BPE will help with ERP/PLM based systems knowledge and proactively identify limitations and make recommendations.The person will manage the process of build of material leveraging product lifecycle management, supplier manufacturing processes and ERP purchasing systems, BOM structure, ECO/ECN.
The SCM-BPE will conduct needs assessment with relevant stakeholders in the business to identify business process improvement. Using knowledge of systems/tools as well as data analytics, translate business process need into systems architecture.
The SCM-BPE will have a very strong business acumen balanced with data governance and process reengineering experience. This person will work collaboratively across operations business teams to build powerful and insightful data analytics solutions to enable working procedures for the supply chain processes particularly in the goods flow(components, sub-assemblies and finished products). These solutions play a valuable role in the ATG supply chain end to end from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the Self Driving Vehicles.
The role will be highly visible within Uber ATG and globally, requiring the successful candidate to interact with executives throughout ATG operations organization.
Finally, this person will play a critical role in defining ATG Operations longer term strategy in data science, advanced analytics and systems/tools.
- Implement the business strategy and vision around reporting and data capabilities required to support business management and executive decision making
- Partner with Global Supply Chain Managers, Procurement, Finance, FinTech (Financial Technology) & IT ENG (Information Technology Engineering) teams to design, develop and drive implementation of the business vision and systems/tools required to support reporting, data analytics and information delivery
- Work as part of a team of process expert, data analysts and software engineers focused on providing the information needed to manage ATG's business
- Management and delivery of information to support regular business activities
- Liaise with other ATG SCALE operations on data governance, infrastructure, standards, data quality, tools, master data management and key performance metric definition.
- Propose and implement new & innovative ways to enable the business to answer questions quickly.
- The Supply Chain Management (SCM) Business Process Expert (BPE) understands the SCALE business needs and translates, with in depth hands on systems experience, to support needs towards the supply chain, engineering and finance community
- The SCM BPE serves as a first point of contact for strategic sourcing, procurement, factory in case of questions how to operate in systems
- The function maintains a network in ATG and represent SCALE on supply chain topics within the analytics infrastructure as well as harmonization/alignment with other departments (e.g. Hardware Engineering, Systems & Engineering Testing, and Safety)
- Multitasking projects and ad-hoc requests
- Working across multiple platforms, software and languages
- Deep diving into data governance and interrogating the processes
- Adapt the right method and solutions for the task
- Distilling complex ideas into quickly understandable plans
- Project management, communication planning and time management of your own projects
- Building efficient processes of the business
- Engaging with the wider team to understand opportunities and also ensure collaboration of work
- Driving the roadmap for Analytics in ATG and executing at the correct pace
- Developing others to use process improvement and leverage the power of analytics
What You'll Do
The SCM BPE role has across the following areas:
- Align between the tech teams and the supply chain & operations
- Drive recurring program meetings with initiatives status & ongoing execution
- Dependency mapping, impact analysis of cross-team projects, resource planning and allocation tracking via determined tool.
- Work with SCALE team leads, and engineering managers to track allocation of team-members as required to keep projects healthy while providing individual development and career opportunities.
- To determine the system support and working procedures for the Supply Chain processes of the SCALE team particular as a Process Expert for the goods flow (components, sub-assemblies and finished products) in the strategic sourcing, procurement, factory
- To participate in key analytics/IT infrastructure projects to give guidance (business content & operation support) to the IT deployment program
- To represent SCALE on supply chain topics within the IT infrastructure for (IT application) harmonization/alignment with other departments.
- Provide consulting, training and technical support to the user community and application developers in the use of procedures in systems/tools.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the overall Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Factory Planning and provide input and advice on continuous improvements process, monitoring, maintenance and administration procedures.
- To work on project related tasks as defined by the supply chain analytics team and support the global Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Factory Planning and ad hoc requests.
- Timely escalation of issues to Uber ATG leadership
What You'll Need
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain, STEM (Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering Preferred) with 7+ years experience doing supply chain operations (manufacturing included) or process improvement of related industries; or MA/MS in Business Administration, Supply Chain, STEM (Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering Preferred) with 5+ years experience doing supply chain operations (manufacturing included) or process improvement of related industries
- Innovative and strategic approach to business process analysis & data analytics.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve with poise in a rapidly changing environment
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrate value in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with making quick, informed decisions with less than complete information
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to communicate complex analytics ideas to a business focused / executive audience.
- Experience driving process improvements and technology implementations in support of business analytics
- Familiarity of supply chain methodologies, supply / demand forecasting and optimization techniques
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships
- High drive for results and willing to work in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to partner with internal and external engineering teams to build credibility and trust while driving alignment around common strategy
- Demonstrated teamwork as well as leadership and influencing skills
- Experience implementing using Lean and Six Sigma is strongly desirable
- Experience developing and/or maintaining Business Rules is strongly desirable
- Excellent business analysis and design skills. Can express technical concepts in business terms
- Desire to take initiative and move projects/ideas forward with clarity
- To work on project related tasks as defined by the SCALE Supply Chain Analytics Lead
- Managing broad range of stakeholders
- Strong affinity with cross-functional change management programs
- Training/Coaching people and teams applying processes
- Up to 30% travel is required
Bonus Points If
- Automotive industry ways of working / processes in Logistics preferred
- Minimum 7 years in Supply Chain with explicit knowledge of logistical (components, sub-assemblies and finished products) goods flow and supplier management/sourcing
- Comprehensive functional understanding for purchasing, quality and product management/launch in Supply Chain
- Good analytical strong ability to work with figures/numbers
- Experience in ERP implementation/deployment in configurable, project driven business
- Change management experience a plus
- Hands on experience ERP (SAP/Oracle) goods flow
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Supply Chain and Business Operations team scales best in class technology and processes to deliver safe, reliable, and accessible transportation for the Uber platform.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.