About the Role
The Rides Data Science team uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. We are looking for strong Data Scientists to join us in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Seattle and New York. Our major activities include:
- Maps: Mediating users' digital connection to their physical world through traffic modeling, travel time estimation, route optimization, geospatial search, hotspot computation, and navigation
- Controls: Ensuring balance and health in the Rides marketplace
- Driver: Creating a seamless product experience for drivers across the driver journey: matching drivers to cars, onboarding onto our platform, creating a stress free trip experience
- Forecasting: Projecting supply and demand for Uber rides at a fine grain of geography and time
- Matching: Building and optimizing matching algorithms and new matching paradigms across Uber to increase efficiency, reduce ETAs, and reduce prices across Uber's ridesharing marketplace
- Pricing and Loyalty: Designing base fare components for riders and drivers, designing and deploying incentives and loyalty programs, and creating real-time pricing algorithms
- Rider: Building products that create an awesome experience for people who ride with Uber
- Uber for Business: Creating products for organizations needing a seamless global travel solution and who want to provide courtesy rides to their customers and clients
What you'll do
- Build statistical, optimization, and machine learning models for applications including pricing, matching, routing, automated recommendations, growth strategies, and user behavior modeling
- Design product experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Leverage data to understand prduct performance and to identify improvement opportunities
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productionization.
What you'll need
- Ph.D., M.S., B.S. or B.A. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field. (Advanced degrees are a plus)
- Ability to use a language like Python, R or Java to work efficiently at scale with large data sets (including exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and machine learning model development) in a production environment.
- Advanced knowledge of experiment design and statistical methods
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute on decisions
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills, for example demonstrated through documentation and presentations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.