About the Role
As Group Product Manager on Marketplace Fares, you'll lead one or more Marketplace Fares teams.
Marketplace Fares (within the Marketplace group) is responsible for global fares for all of Uber.
Marketplace Fares powers and delivers the platform, levers, and experiences that ensure trustworthy fares for riders and drivers across the world. This includes every upfront price a rider sees when deciding to take Uber, and all trip earnings for drivers. We orchestrate Uber's sophisticated pricing and complex business logic, and apply predictive pricing models as part of providing a fare experience that engenders customer trust and long-term engagement.
With fares as a central and critical experience to Uber's customers, we collaborate with many teams and functions across Uber to deliver truly global-scale impact.
What You'll Do
- Own the vision, roadmap, and execution to deliver trustworthy fares for all of Uber's customers.
- Innovate and develop unique customer experiences and levers for pricing that ensure customer trust and encourage long-term loyalty.
- Enhance and scale the Fares engine that powers Uber pricing, in order to support Uber's exponential growth.
- Ensure accurate and reliable fare calculation for every Uber trip.
- Develop product strategy that aligns with Uber's broader mission and strategy, drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research.
- Lead cross-functional and full-stack teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver your product vision.
- Establish global go-to-market plans by collaborating with Uber internal stakeholders, including marketing and operations teams.
- Understand the requirements and needs of Uber's various markets to ensure successful global deployment of product experiences.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees to riders.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years of Product Management experience.
- Academic background in computer science, statistics, or engineering.
- A passion to apply technology and data to change how humanity moves.
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into delightful user experiences.
- Experience delivering highly successful and creative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're proud of what you've accomplished.
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver world-class products.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Expert communication skills, both within your team and with leadership and stakeholders.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
Bonus Points If
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Experience managing direct reports
About the Team
The Marketplace group builds the platform, products, and algorithms responsible for the real time execution and online optimization of Uber's marketplace. We are building the brain of Uber, solving NP-hard algorithms and economic optimization problems at scale, in real time, making all of the decisions for Uber's marketplaces based on up-to-the-second data as well as forecasts of the future. And we're not just talking about designing algorithms - we also build robust production systems to power these algorithms from the ground up.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.