Job # 530299
What you’ll be doing...
You will be on the Wireless Transport Maintenance Engineer (M.E.) team and will be responsible for national governance and support of all regional routing and switching platforms.
- Supporting: Cisco EBH, Cisco EDN Layer2 (6500, 3580, Nexus VDC3 and EBH Layer2), Cisco WVN, Cisco ERAN, oneEMS, Fujitsu HSN Fronthaul & HSN8000 EMS, Ericsson Fronthaul 6080, Viavi QT600 Appliance and NetAnalyst, Exfo EBH (Brix) Verifier IPSLA Appliance.
- Working with the vendors and field teams to define audit rules, maintain NMS tools and drive compliance.
- Supporting contract renewals to ensure proper support coverage is recognized.
- Analyzing hardware/software features and enhancements.
- Participating in the planning, designing, equipment selection, FOA, staging, testing, and integration of system hardware and software.
- Testing and evaluating network systems to eliminate problems and ensure improvements/efficiencies.
- Conducting technology trials, interoperability tests, run first office applications, and participate in vendor evaluations.
- Driving quality to reduce service disruptions and provide a stable network environment.
- Identifying, collecting, and evaluating data to develop short- and long-term resolutions with vendors and markets.
- Serving as the final escalation path for resolution of technical issues with equipment and software providers.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with IPV6, BGP, MBGP, VPNv4 and v6 and MPLS.
- Knowledge of system architectures, system operations, end-to-end designs and device-system interactions.
- Experience with routers and networking (i.e. subnetting, router configurations, routing designs, outage recovery, RCA investigations, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of Hardware: Cisco/Nokia Routers, Ethernet Switches, Fujitsu and Ericsson optical Fronthaul.
- Operational Software Experience: Nokia NSP, Cisco NSO, Cisco Prime, oneEMS, CyberArk, IOP, SevOne, and Brixworx.
- Operational Protocol Experience: TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP.
- Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.