We are seeking a highly motivated Information Security Operations Center Engineer to join our Information Security Team based in Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate will assist in the plan, design, build and support of the information security infrastructure at Chewy.com. This also includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing security technologies. The role will serve as an adviser to the organization on security best practices and how to mitigate cyber security risks. Additionally, this role will act as a Tier II escalation point to the Chewy Security Operations Center on incident response efforts.
What you'll do:
- Day-to-day activities include the securing and monitoring of the infrastructure and systems that allow Chewy to achieve its rapid growth.
- Work with the team on a wide range of security tools, methodologies, and standards.
- Perform security assessments and review of networking infrastructure and implementation of new security-based technologies.
- Ensure that the security infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards to maximize productivity.
- Interface with members of the entire IT organization and business to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and support information security solutions.
- Work with the team on testing and enhancing disaster recovery plans for security systems to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems.
- Provide 3rd level support, lead incident response to security events, as well as assist with solving complex problems with many variables.
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation, including incident management duties related to security incidents.
- Conduct vulnerability management and assessments to identify risks to key assets that support Chewy’s operations and growth.
- Build out security monitoring and SIEM infrastructure to proactively detect security attacks and reduce time to mitigate.
- Provide support to other IT teams in malware remediation, mitigation of network and web-based attacks, and implementing proactive security controls into systems.
- Work as a team member in managing the IPS/IDS and firewall infrastructure.
What you'll need:
- Security industry certifications (CISSP, SANS or others)
- 5 years’ experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting security infrastructure
- Strong security background and hands on experience with NGFW firewalls, IPS, WAF and other network-based security technologies
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and other networking principles
- Proven knowledge and understanding on how to secure key IT technologies including Windows, Linux, Databases, Web Servers, Load Balancing and others.
- Strong experience with securing e-commerce applications and supporting infrastructure
- Strong understanding of SOX & PCI requirements and implementing data privacy controls
- Experience with endpoint forensics, malware remediation, and advanced attack detection
- Able to produce security assessments of applications and infrastructure to IT teams
- Ability to generate security metrics and reporting on incidents and effectiveness of controls
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience with SIEM technologies or security event management platforms.
- Strong understanding of vulnerability management and implementing risk reduction plans
- Experienced with data center technologies, e.g. OTV, FabricPath, VPC, VSS, fabric interconnects, SDN and Virtualization
- Experience with DDoS mitigation and preventing Layer-7 Web based attacks
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Position may require travel
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailer of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 11,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too-that's not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.