As part of the infrastructure engineering team based in our Dania Beach, FL office, the Senior Network Engineer will plan, design, implement, and support enterprise networking infrastructure across on premise and public cloud environments (AWS direct connect preferred). Key responsibilities include configuring, maintaining, optimizing, and troubleshooting new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. Works on complex network issues; documentation, analysis and resolution of escalated tickets. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who exceeds with minimal supervision and works within teams using agile engineering principles.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design, test, implement and continuous improvement of enterprise datacenter and hybrid cloud network solutions.
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network infrastructure.
- Procure, turn-up, and troubleshoot both private and public WAN circuits.
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services.
- Collaborate across the IT organization to provide end-to-end solutions.
- Assist with evaluation, standardization, deployment, maintenance and documentation of new solutions.
- Provide Tier III escalation support of network service incidents to diagnose problems and resolve time-critical issues.
- Assume technical ownership in network engineering using industry proven best practices to build secure and stable networks.
- Interact with application and development teams to provide network troubleshooting and guidance for quick problem resolution.
- Develop solid working knowledge of Cisco and other vendor networking technologies.
- Configure, install, and maintain network devices
- Provide guidance and training to junior members of the team.
- Regular review and scheduling of firmware updates, preventative maintenance, cyclical replacements and upgrades, and security of all network devices.
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation
- Develop and execute infrastructure automation tasks via Ansible, Chef or other frameworks
- Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
What you'll need:
- Cisco certifications are strongly desired (CCNA/CCDP/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent work experience a must).
- Experience building and maintaining Cisco spine-and-leaf network models is required. Experience with VXLAN MP-BGP EVPN.
- 7 years’ experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting Cisco networking and security infrastructure.
- Experience with advanced datacenter technology including… VSS, vPC, FCoE, VXLAN, OTV, LISP, EVPN, ECMP, etc.
- 2-5 years of strong experience directly related to hybrid cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private).
- Strong experience in implementing & configuring AWS Direct Connect solutions.
- AWS certifications are desired (AWS Certified Advanced Networking or equivalent experience).
- Extensive understanding and experience with Cisco hardware including: Nexus, Catalyst, ISR, ASR and ASA.
- Expertise with Cisco IOS, IOS XR, IOS XE and NXOS on multiple platforms.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining Cisco three tier data center models (core, aggregation, access) for enterprise.
- Extensive experience in designing, building and maintaining TCP/IP based enterprise networks is required including the following technology areas: LAN (Branch, Building, Campus), WAN (MPLS, DMVPN, iWAN), Edge (Internet, VPN).
- Experience with EIGRP, BGP, IPSEC, iWAN, VXLAN VRF, VLAN, VTP, DLSW, QoS, NHRP, PfRv3, STP, and netflow.
- Understanding of load balancing integration.
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, or other firewalls.
- Knowledge of supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including implementing QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Familiarity with hosted collaboration services for VoIP systems and with SIP integration techniques across systems and carriers.
- Network Design Engineering experience related to Data Centers in virtualized and cloud environments.
- Ability to design and implement complex network systems and the ability to explain complex issues to others.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting (Python, TCL, Perl, Ansible, Chef or others).
- Understand and follow Cisco Validated Design solutions.
- Ability to work well within a team; good interpersonal relational skills.
- Experience in coordination with multiple groups, companies, and people simultaneously.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Adhere to Change Management policies and procedures
- Position may require some travel
- A bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- Experience with Storage and storage protocols such as FCOE, FC, and NAS is highly preferred
- Administration of F5 load balancers
- Knowledge of network security solutions / services including IPS/IDS, FIM, DDoS and SIEM
- Administration experience of Cisco UCS and supporting infrastructure
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Certification in ITIL
- Working knowledge of IT tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Service Now, and Remedy
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailer of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 11,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too-that's not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.