Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Urban Pathways is seeking a Project Coordinator to oversee an innovative grant designed to house ten seniors (age 50+) who have been incarcerated. This program, funded by a major foundation, is being launched as a pilot program and is intended to prove that supportive housing can prevent homelessness for those exiting incarceration. Urban Pathways intends to develop and document a replicable model for homelessness prevention that can be adopted by other organizations in the sector.
The Project Coordinator will hire and supervise a part-time Case Manager who will work with clients for 6 months during their transition from incarceration to housing, identify needs and supports that are required and then transfer care over to outside or internal Urban Pathways supports. The Project Coordinator will work with referral sources and design metrics to evaluate the success of the program.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Project Coordinator's duties include:
- Oversees all Project activities, including capacity-building activities with external partners and all phases of Project implementation and operation.
- Supervises the Project Case Manager who is trained in Critical Time Intervention (CTI) methodology in the provision of intensive case management services.
- Ensures that housing and services are provided to seniors (aged fifty and older) who are leaving prison or jail and who are residing in shelter or are being discharged from a civil commitment to a psychiatric facility post-incarceration.
- Works closely with other non-profit and government partners to identify qualified candidates for participation in the Project.
- Works with non-profit partners and the Center for the Advancement of Critical Time Intervention to utilize evidence-based interventions which address the housing and service needs of this population.
- Works with non-profit partners and Urban Pathways' Training Coordinator to develop staff training materials and curricula so that Urban Pathways' social services staff can be trained to effectively assess and provide services to this population.
- Develops Project policies and procedures in conjunction with staff from other organizations based on evaluation of the evaluation of project activities with a framework of evidence-based best practices.
- Locates, establishes, and maintains all community resources necessary to start up and operate the project.
- Prepares and submits all required documentation and reports in accordance with Urban Pathways, regulatory, and funder policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community organizations and resources.
- Represents Urban Pathways at governmental, funding agency, community group, and other meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Homelessness, Supportive Housing, Reentry, Alternative to Incarceration and/or Social Services Fields.
- Experience in program design, project management, and evaluation/data analysis preferred.
- Master of Social Work degree preferred.
- Experience with homeless, mentally ill, substance abuse, and/or justice involved populations preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Experience with client data program such as AWARDS preferred.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.