Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Security Guard's duties include:
- Monitors, screens and controls access to the facility: maintains a log of persons entering and exiting the facility, operates door lock system from security desk, monitors video surveillance.
- Secures the safety of the facility and of the clients in the facility.
- Assists in enforcing rules and regulations by monitoring client behavior and activities.
- Assists clients with medication monitoring and performs medication record keeping as required.
- Maintains ongoing verbal and written communication with preceding and following shifts and documents all incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Performs emergency response including CPR and first aide as required.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a timely fashion as required.
- Attends supervision, staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.