|Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Shift Supervisor's duties include:
- Works closely with the Director of Operations, Director of Social Services, and Program Director to provide quality services to clients in compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assists in monitoring the facility and maintaining a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for clients.
- Communicates pertinent information with other Shift Supervisors, Director of Operations, Director of Social services, and Program Director.
- Provides appropriate counseling in crisis situations in the absence of social services staff in order to facilitate continuity of services for clients.
- Supervises security guards, maintenance, and food service staff.
- Ensures compliance with Urban Pathways and funding and regulatory agency policies, procedures and regulations.
- Completes required reports and documentation.