Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, the Social Service Supervisor's duties include:
- Supervises day to day operations and clinical staff in the absence of the Director of Social Services/Program Director.
- Provides administrative and programmatic supervision to case management staff.
- Provides support and guidance to case managers in the execution of all housing related tasks.
- Meets individually for weekly supervision with all direct reports.
- Assigns cases to case managers and schedules work according to priority.
- Conducts case conferences, reviews cases and resolves client issues.
- Audits client records and ensures compliance with Urban Pathways, regulatory, and funding agency requirements and guidelines.
- Assesses, trains, and coaches case managers on work assignments and community resources.
- Supervises and documents incident reporting and distributes related notices within 24 hours.
- Monitors client medications, as required.
- Reviews service plans, program notes, and other required client documentation to ensure comprehensiveness and compliance with Urban Pathways and regulatory agency requirements. Signs off on final documents prior to filing in client charts.
- Ensures case managers are adhering to the 360 Chart Audit on a monthly basis.
- Ensures housing documentation is completed in a timely manner for submission to housing providers.
- Manages caseload in the absence of the Case Manager.
- Completes and submits required reports and statistics in a timely manner.
- Prepares staff schedules and monitors payroll.
- Supervises client databases (i.e. AWARDS, CARES, etc.) to ensure accuracy of client information.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community services and resources.
- Facilitates staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Is on call to address emergency needs on a 24-hour basis.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Master's degree in a clinical field required. MSW preferred.
- Minimum of two years of clinical and supervisory experience preferred.
- Professional license (LCSW) preferred.
- Experience with homeless and mentally ill, justice involved populations preferred.
- Prior OMH, DOHMH, Health Homes, and/or Medicaid experience is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Strong team building and coaching skills and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with on-line chart record data bases a plus.
- Valid drivers' license with clean driving record a plus.
- Foreign languages a plus.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- All programs require field work, home visits, client escorts, and use of public transportation.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, lift (up to 25 lbs.), type, write, read, speak, see, and hear.