We are seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer, located in the Columbia, MD area, to work as a collaborative member of a software engineering team to design and implement software solutions in support of a C4ISR product application and system infrastructure. The application, Ageon ISR, is a MULTI-INT, geospatial visualization platform that synthesizes data from a vast array of sensors and systems, allowing an operator to see a real-time, geospatial common operating picture (COP) of their mission environment. Duties will include software integration with Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T).
- Design application and software system architecture and present designs to engineering leadership
- Manage the development of one or more software projects while leading a small development team comprised of senior and mid level software engineers
- Assist software engineering leadership in the decomposition of customer requirements into executable development tasks
- Participate in program meetings and reviews by providing internal and customer leadership status of current development tasks
- Efficiently implement high-quality and fully performing software functionality that complies with coding standards and established technical design
- Lead the software engineering portion of the agile software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with software applications in production environments
- Travel to customer locations to lead sensor integrations, capability enhancements, or issue resolutions (if required)
- Mentor junior software engineers on development best practices
- Perform reviews of newly implemented source code
- Provide end-of-sprint capability demonstrations to both customers and internal software engineering leadership
- Collaborate with a team of software, test, and system engineers to produce the best C2 solution possible
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 7 or more years of experience as a professional software engineer to include:
- Experience designing, implementing, debugging, and patching customer-facing software
- Experience with software integrated development environments (IDE) and version control systems (VCS)
- Experience managing junior and mid-level software engineers
- Ability to document technical specifications
- Experience in translating software requirements into executable development tasks
- Familiarity with managing issue tracking applications
- Experience leading and executing Agile methodologies within a software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience creating web service APIs with REST, SOAP, and WebSockets (ideally with ASP.NET and WCF)
- Expert knowledge of good software architecture patterns and practices
- Proclivity to thoroughly self-test and harden your written code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing customer-facing presentations and leading technical discussions
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Ability to act independently and lead the diagnosis and resolution of software defects
- Active Secret clearance required
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.