Novetta is seeking an SCD Journeyman Analyst.
- Analyze network traffic using a variety of tools and databases to identify anomalous or malicious activity being conducted on or against U.S. Government and Department of defense networks and systems.
- Develop knowledge of emerging threats posed to various systems, technologies, operations, or missions and the likely behavior of adversaries.
- Remain abreast of recently identified vulnerabilities and develop a method for detection of their exploitation prior to their use against U.S. and foreign networks.
- Perform each phase of cyber activity tracking; network reconnaissance to detect the presence of unexpected behavior, identify anomalous activity, categorize and tag malicious activity.
- Develop knowledge of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, and attempt to draw associations with newly identified unattributed cyber activity. Identify and analyze indications of system compromise, determine level of severity and potential mission impact of anomalous behavior.
- Conduct Threat Hunting activities to identify initial attack vector and possible identification of threat actors.
- Provide recommendations for mitigation techniques to be employed across U.S. government systems.
- Assist in the evaluation and development of new tools and applications to improve organizational ability to identify and analyze malicious cyber activity. Conduct basic malware analysis to determine callbacks and associated malicious infrastructure and indicators.
- Ability to provide expert analysis and reporting in response to time sensitive requirements for support to Army and Intelligence community customers
- Ability to participate in reviews and assessments of current intelligence tools, processes, tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to conduct network and deep-packet analysis to determine anomalous and malicious network behavior
- Familiarity with current and emergency cyber threats and methods used by malicious cyber actors
- 4-8 years of experience with IT in the SIGINT or intelligence community (IC) preferred
- Thorough knowledge of network technologies, ports and protocols
- Basic malware triage / analysis
- BS degree or 4 years of experience with related or equivalent formal military training, including SIGINT analysis and production at the tactical or strategic level
- One or more of the following certifications/knowledge preferred: Net+, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, or Penetration Tester or commensurate knowledge
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.